Monday, June 23, 2008

Sugar and spice, and all things nice...

When I first found out I was up the duff I was convinced I was having a boy, I think because I already have three beautiful nieces I thought I'd be the one to bring a boy into the family. 
Not to be, IT'S A GIRL. I know it sounds cliche' but as long as there's a healthy baby in there it makes no difference what the sex is. 
Being pregnant is so strange, it's not terrible at all but it's not easy either, you know that your body will change and you pretty much know that your emotions are no longer in your control but nobody really tells you about the aches and pains. It's so hard to know what is "normal" and what you should worry about. And there are so many bloody books that totally contradict each other. 
In saying all that, it is extremely hard to complain when you feel you baby moving around. It's such an amazing feeling, and very comforting as well. When she first started moving I didn't know if it was the baby or gas, but it soon becomes apparent that there is definitely "movement at the station". The unfortunate thing is at the moment it's only me that can feel the movements so P will have to wait a bit longer. And it's really hard to not drink Coke all day long, as she seems to have taken a bit of a fancy to it. Before I was pregnant, the only time I had Coke was with pizza or fish n chips now every-time I see that red can I think of the joy it can bring me. I am fighting the addiction though, as I have every intention of being a mum with all my teeth........

1 comment:

62cherry said...

YAY!!! xxxx
you have always and still do
make me laugh!!!