It was with a heavy heart that I woke today. Today marks the first anniversary of my beloved grandfathers passing. They say time is supposed to heal all wounds, well I don't know who "they" are but they got that one wrong.
I miss him, especially on Sundays. Nan and Pa used to spend most Sundays at my parents for lunch, nothing fancy, just rolls and cold meat. When they arrived Pa would take his fridge bag with cold beers and pop it inside then proceed to "tinker" with is car, all the while complaining about the price of petrol (gosh, I can only imagine what he'd being saying about current prices!!!!) Then after lunch he would sit and attempt to watch a movie or the footy with my dad. Pa would usually fall asleep within five minutes though and for some reason, I don't really know why, we always had a laugh at him
To be honest I don't think there was ever anything wrong with that car, it's just that he was a very proud person and took lots of care with everything, including his family. I like to think we kept him young, with his matching parachute tracksuit, checkered fedora (now one of my prized possessions) and clip on mobile phone, he was a bit trendy for someone in there 80's!!!!!!
My grandparents have 8 children 21 grandchildren and my baby will be the thirtieth great grandchild!!!!!
I really wish she could have met her great grand pa.
Although he is physically gone he will always be in our hearts and I suppose that will have to suffice.

No comments:
Post a Comment