Saturday, July 5, 2008

You got me feelin' emotions.......

Ok so I don't want to always be complaining about pregnancy because it really is wonderful, but I think I should use this blog to get things off of my chest. My theory has always been that a problem can always be better once it is outside your mind. If you leave your negative thoughts inside your head, they manifest and become ten times worse than they really are.
So in saying that, the thing that I dislike the most about being pregnant is the fact that you are no longer able to control your emotions . Lately the smallest thing can have me in tears and it sucks. Don't get me wrong I love a good cry, but the thought of having to walk downstairs again because I forgot to grab my pj's out of the dryer is not worth tears!!!  And poor P usually cops the worst of my emotion rollercoaster, and what's worse is that with him I am usually shittier because when he gets home it's the end of the day and I am tired so the emotional richter scale has already reached at least a 6.9. Then, because I despise the thought of being the "nagging girlfriend" I get frustrated at myself for being frustrated at him so that tips the scale over to a catastrophe. The poor boy (although at this point, for my own sanity, I should add that it would help if he realized he was 37 and not 19!!!!!).
And I can't even hide my frustration. I have the shittest poker face. I like to think that I am a pretty reasonable person, but people that don't know me very well will easily label me as a bitch. My view is that I am just honest and I truly do wear my heart on my sleeve (and talk before I think a lot of the time). I think for the amount of time that we are on this planet I would much rather give my energy to the people that I cherish in my life than waste energy on people that don't count. 
So to my family and friends I want to send my apologies out if you have been affected by one of my maternal mood swings, but I promise at the end of October it will all be worth it when my little girl joins us in the outside world xoxoxo

No comments: