Things started out OK, we had finally decided on which white we were going to paint not only the babies room, but the WHOLE house. It took us weeks to make this decision alone!
With the boy having to go into work for a few hours I thought I'd be OK to get a head start an bring our belongings downstairs. After about 8 loads I decided it was finally time to admit that pregnancy and independence really are not a perfect match. So mummy got the call to help me. The woman is a saint!!! We got everything moved and good progress was made on Saturday. Throw in a win by the Pies and I go to bed happy but exhausted.
Within 15 minutes of laying down the happiness has passed, I started to get a pain in my side, kind of like a stitch but worse. Add that to the fact that I feel the need to go to the bathroom every ten minutes, I was starting to feel very uncomfortable.
Within an hour the pain had increased and I could hardly move. I had a strong sense that my little bambino was fine but I still couldn't help wondering if this was the onset of labour. Now before I go on, let me tell you the pain I was having was no where near the baby at all, but you know what, I have never been in labour before so how do I really know what it feels like or what to expect.
I decided to give the hospital a call for advice, after asking a few questions the nurse suggested I take a hot shower and some panadol and if the pain gets worse call back. So I had a 20 minute shower (sorry universe) and tried to lay down. No luck, the pain got so bad that it was almost blinding, so at 1.30 a.m. it's off to the hospital we go. (At this point I could complain about the boy and him not jumping out of bed the second I said we were going to the hospital or going through red lights, but I don't think that would be fair).
Even though I had a feeling my bambino was OK I still felt relieved once the monitor was strapped on and we could hear her heartbeat. Can I add that this kid decided that while I was moaning in pain she would put on a performance, she hardly stopped moving the whole time I was in the hospital and kicked so hard a few times that the monitor moved.
After lots of prods and pokes and being in the emergency ward for hours I found out I had a freakin kidney stone!!!!! I cant even begin to tell you the pain it caused, which now has me totally stressed about labour pain, but hopefully I have a few more weeks to worry about that. When the nurse initially told me to come into the hospital she told me not to worry about bringing my labour bag. I actually found this quite amusing even with the pain I was in. Do you seriously think I would have a bag packed yet!
So some time just past 5 a.m. we arrive back home, still in pain but a bit jacked up on pain killers and exhausted I crawled into my own bed.
I'm going to cut out the Sunday's details, I had grand plans of a nice breakfast, finishing my shower invites and general father's day goodness with the family. There was no lack of family goodness but after three hours of sleep being as tired, pained and emotional as I was my to do list remains exactly the same.
Back to the hospital this morning, and thankfully this story has very anti- climatical ending as it seems I have passed the stone. Everything looks fine and we are back on track. I just need to slow down and up the fluids.
I'm very thankful that I've so far my pregnancy has been a breeze, but I am just not ready to give in and sit on the sofa all day. It sounds great in theory, it really does but actually putting it to practice is the hardest part. I suppose right now I could be on the couch with my feet up but, well no buts really maybe I will go and sit on mine, Oprah needs some lovin........

No comments:
Post a Comment