Friday, December 12, 2008

Did TWILGHT make me a bad mum?

Be still my beating heart. 

Sadie went to her first movie last night (I did originally type watched but she mostly slept through the whole thing).
I read the Stephanie Myer's Twilight series while I was pregnant, so I thought it was fitting that Sadie accompany me to the drive ins to see the Twilight movie. It would have been nice to go on a "date" with the boy to see it, but time waits for no man, and (sometimes) I don't either. So I tucked Sadie into her car seat and we headed off for a girls night out. Can't tell you if I enjoyed the movie or not, I was too anxious, wondering if I was a bad mummy for making my baby sleep in her car seat so I could watch a movie, worrying that she would wake up screaming and also hoping that I wouldn't need to go to the loo. I didn't think about that until I got there thankfully my bladder held out until I got home.
So I will have to watch it again for my proper verdict but I can say 
* Robert Pattinson truly rocked my world. 
* I hated the use of "Bold and The Beautiful" extended facial emotions that tried to capture the intensity of Edward and Bella's feelings. 
* The vampire "look" was a bit shit, vampires are supposed to be pale but the make up artist was a bit heavy handed with the baby powder. 
* And I am a little bit thankful that there will be a different director for New Moon.
* Oh and it should have been a TV series........

No comments: