Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 1st month birthday

A month old already. Can you believe it. 
Oh I am so in awe with this little being, I can watch her for hours, I swear she will take a restraining order out on me!!!!!
I'm sure every parent looks at everything their child does and thinks they are so advanced. Sadie is so alert, it's so exciting when she hears us talk, OK me talk, and she turns her head in the direction of my voice. I swear sometimes she is talking back.
We are still doing pretty well with night and morning sleeping, the afternoons we are still fighting over, but I've pretty much given up on "forcing" her to sleep especially when she will sit contently in her rocker and just watch what is going on around her.
Life has changes SOOOO much, yet it hasn't. I was determined to not be a mother that sits at home and uses her baby as an excuse and I have been lucky that Sadie isn't an "excuse".
My theory was/is that she has come into our lives and will adapt to us. Now this is just a personal opinion but I think a lot of women suffer because they change everything because they have a baby and lose a sense of self. That's the one thing I didn't want. I want Sadie to benefit from who I am now, I think I know who I am as a person (finally) and I don't think that needs to be compromised, I just get to add another piece to my life puzzle and that's the title of Mum. Yes there will be changes, but only for the better. (Although it's hard to top perfection HA HA)

No comments: